The Alaska Airlines Center is pleased to offer a collegiate scholarship of $1,250 to UAA students each year!
Students must meet the following eligibility and criteria:
- Be enrolled or be a current student at the University of Alaska Anchorage
- Provide proof of enrollment
- Maintain a minimum grade point average of 2.75
- Be a full-time junior or senior student with a declared major in a program applicable to facility management
- Have an interest in a career in the management of a sports and/or event facility.
- Current employment in a sports and/or event facility is desired, but not required.
Application materials must be received by Friday, March 17, 2017. The following materials should be submitted:
- A typed essay of 400-500 words (MS Word, double-spaced, Times New Roman 12-pt. font, 1” margins) addressing both of the following topics:
• Why you are interested in the facility management field, describe your experience working in such a venue, if any.• How does a well-managed public event facility impact the community in which it is located?
- Completed application form:
- One letter of reference or recommendation from a teacher, coach, or community leader who is not an immediate relative (grandparent, parent, aunt or uncle, sibling, first cousin).
- Proof of current enrollment at UAA.
All applications will be reviewed by a committee comprised of Global Spectrum employees and other professional individuals. Applications will be scored based on completeness of packet and demonstration through essay of interest in the field of sports and/or event facility management.
All scholarship applicants will be notified by email of the committee’s decision by April 1, 2017. Payment will be made to the student’s account at UAA.
If you have any questions please contact Marketing Manager, Felipe Godoy Diaz at (907) 786-7809